The Senior Engineer will be responsible for the technical oversight, development and operational integrity of the Turbonomic Product and Services at the client site. The candidate will be responsible, through the Turbonomic UK and US team, for the implementation and support at the client. Assist the client in the further development of its virtualization management software products. As a member of the Engineering team at the client, will also help improve the Cloud Management and Application Resource Management platform and will be directly responsible for supporting some of the most integral parts of the Turbonomic Platform. Will support all components of the Turbonomic product suite to manage complex virtualized infrastructure based on unique and innovative technology including Cloud computing, Virtualization, Software Defined Networking (SDN), and the Software Defined Data Center. Will work specifically at the middleware level, communicating with Public and Private Clouds and working with Azure and New Relic to develop and maintain APIs to allow for virtualization in the cloud environment.
- Implement, support, test, and document Turbonomics solution.
- Contribute to architecture and technical design discussions and code review in collaboration with the project team.
- Support multi-threaded software applications.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design systems integration issues and obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Analyze user needs and technical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Run and monitor software test systems for the purpose of correcting errors and improving performance.
- Participate in customer calls and provide assistance to support team to help address technical issues.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.
- Research private and public cloud services and come up with proper ways to build analytical model for these cloud computing architectures.
- Work with other developers to identify and investigate technical issues and make recommendations regarding modifications to resolve technical problems.
- Create end-to-end components and provide technical leadership of global projects.
Work extensively with Java development and Web development tools applying principles of object oriented and model driven architecture.
In the client environment the Turbonomic implementation is going to be built on Java-based micro services, so we would typically prefer people familiar with Java development. If not Java, then we require that a candidate has heavy experience with some programming language that is object-oriented in nature. The feeling is that Java is just “another tool in the toolbox” and if you understand OOD, we can teach them Java. General familiarity with micro service architecture would be
The Turbonomic platform is built for hybrid cloud environments, so domain experience is also a huge bonus for any candidate interested in Turbonomic. People who have built products related to public cloud platforms, serverless computing, software-defined networking, or virtualization typically have a leg-up on the competition.
Background in OOD, data structures, algorithms, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in implementing, building and supporting customer-facing applications in a professional setting
- Degree in a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Understand the intricacies of how JS and CSS impact rendering.
- Experience with engineering methodologies (e. g. unit testing, application reviews, design documentation)
- Expert in all aspects of HTML5 and single-page web-apps and frameworks.
- Ability to thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments where passion for customer engagement and great experience are at the forefront of all design & development.
Familiarity with Cloud technologies
- Linux Certified
Certified System Administrator, LFCSA, and
Certified Engineer, LFCE,
- VMWare Certified
VMWare Certified Professional – Network Virtualization or Data Centre Virtualization
- Kubernetes Certified
Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
- CISCO Certified
Certified Cisco Network Associate (CCNA) OR
Certified Cisco Network Professional (CCNP)
- Microsoft Azure Certified
Microsoft Certified Systems Associate (MCSA) in Cloud OR
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) in Cloud
- AWS Certified
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner OR
AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Turbonomic/CISCO CWOM Certified
Turbonomic/Cisco CWOM (Cisco Workload Optimization Manager) ACE Certification
Turbonomic/Cisco CWOM (Cisco Workload Optimization Manager) ACE PROFESSIONAL Certification
Turbonomic/Cisco CWOM (Cisco Workload Optimization Manager) CLOUD MASTER Certification
We are no longer accepting applications for this ad. Contact us for more details.