Your Digital Transformation Partner
Technology projects have a lot of moving parts, and tasks with dependencies on factors that often are outside of our direct control. Even clearly defined projects have the potential for scope creep, lack of ownership, ineffective resource management, or poor communications. But a dedicated and skilled project manager can change that. TNG’s IT Project Management Services, an important component of TNG’s IT Consulting services, assigns a qualified Project Manager to oversee your technology project. This single point of contact ensures that the path is clear to delivering your project on time, on budget, and within scope.
Clearing the Path
TNG’s IT Project Management Services are another example of how our unique combination of process and people sets us apart from other IT providers. With the right processes and the right people in charge, your project will be without the liabilities of unnecessary delays, frustrating redirects, and unanticipated costs.
The Right People / Recruitment
Once you engage in the Project Discovery phase with TNG’s IT Consulting Services and you accept the resulting solution proposal, we transition to the Project Delivery phase of our Technology Implementation Process (TIP); scale your project as needed by size, scope, and complexity; and assign a PMP-Certified Project Manager or a CAPM-Certified project Coordinator who will own the project from initiation through closeout.
Since technology projects can be challenging – both technically and logistically – the Project Manager role is critical to ensuring open and ongoing
communications, documentation, and coordination among the various concurrent deployment initiatives, technologies, and teams. Tasks include:
- Staffing the project with the right resources
- Managing scope and change requests
- Time- and task- tracking and trending
- Managing vendors, contracts, rates, policies, SLAs
The Right Processes
For the delivery of projects, TNG has selected the Project Management Life Cycle Methodology as our standard. This couples well with PMI best practices and phase models such as TIP. TNG adheres to a strategy of define, deliver, and review throughout our project management practice. This maintains a clearly defined project management methodology that meets or exceeds industry standards
- Define – Our Project Management Office (PMO) defines the standards, processes, and tools that will be utilized during technology deployments and coordinates the delivery of project services. In addition, it facilitates the review of processes, standards, and delivery with our Project Governance Board.
- Deliver – Our project delivery teams plan and deliver projects following PMO standards and processes, leveraging a structured methodology that is consistent, qualified, measurable, and repeatable. Our projects are structured in four phases: Initiation, Planning, Execution, and Closeout.
- Review – TNG maintains a project governance model that is overseen by a governance board staffed by experienced leaders. Our Project Governance Board continually reviews and evaluates the PMO standards and processes as well as project delivery – to ensure client success and to drive continuous improvement into our methodology.
Get in Touch
19 Richards drive Gallagher Convention Centre, Level 3 Gallagher House Midrand Johannesburg
21 Circus Avenue, Point Cook
SA (27) 11 053 7975
SA(27) 87 150 9174
AUS (61) 478 807 347